Tuesday, January 25, 2011

It’s a BOY!

(Jeff’s blog title suggestion: Twig & Berries!)

Today was the big day, and a BIG day it was!  This ranks up there with one of the GREATEST days of my life. I can’t even begin to explain the feeling when the sonographer drew the little arrow and typed in the letters B O Y!  Thanks to the fact that I had not only convinced myself it was going to be a precious little girl but also dreamt that it was a girl last night, it took most of the morning for it to really set in that it's actually a boy.

Gratefully, our baby boy appears to be healthy & happy in his little home.  He weighed in at a hefty 12 ounces.  He still likes to squirm all over the place and wave his arms over his head.  He did quite a bit of yawning today too.  Cutest.thing.ever.  

Of course Jeff is thrilled to death about all of this, but mostly, I think he’s happy that I can stop calling our baby an “it.”   While we waited in the exam room to see my OB, I asked him if he had any ideas for the nursery.  Naturally, his creative mind came up with one instantly - Vintage Playboy (because who doesn't like vintage?!?).  I think mom may be making the decisions for the nursery decor from here on out. 


 Our little munchkin!

Such a sweet little foot (1 inch long!)

And the anatomy shot of the day 
(this view is as though he's in a seated position 
with his legs stretched out and the photo is 
being taken from under his bottom)


3 comments:

Ben and Abby said...

Yipppeee!!! I am so excited for y'all!!!! Those are great shots, by the way - very clear pictures! So excited. Baby boys are SO sweet!!!

Kim and Jo Ann Andersen said...

We couldn't be more excited about your darling BOY ! You are in for a lifetime of happiness, and you will be wonderful parents. We love all the pictures of our precious grandson. We love you all so much, Mom & Dad Andersen

Aubs said...

Congratulations! I am so excited for you and Jeff. Boys are great and I am biased.