Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Our world is about to change forever....

I woke up yesterday morning around 3:30 with contractions that would end up lasting the entire day.  I was convinced they were only Braxton Hicks, so I got up, showered, worked in the office, met my boss out for lunch at Chick-fil-A, & visited Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas before making my way home for the day.  Jeff got home from work, and we had dinner as usual.  We both tried to go to bed around 10:00pm, but unfortunately my contractions weren’t allowing me to get comfortable in bed.  I migrated to the rocker in the nursery and then to the couch in the den.  Up until now, standing up was the only way I could get relief from the contractions.  My last idea was to sit on the hard floor in the den, and that very well may be one of the BEST ideas I’ve ever had in my 34 years.  Shortly after making this ever important decision to sit on the floor (as opposed to any of our furniture), my water officially broke at 12:20am (and I don't mean dribbled...it officially BROKE).  We were on the road to Baylor by 12:30am and checked in by 1:00am.  I was dilated to a 5 upon check in, so they proceeded to insert the IV and order the beloved epidural.  After all that was complete, I was checked again, and I had progressed to a 7!  We were moving right along.  The time after that was somewhat of a blur, but Jeff tells me I started pushing at 4:30am, and Reid graced us with his amazing presence at 4:59am (although we still didn’t have a name for the little guy at this point).  Let the fun begin!

No comments: