Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Happy Nine Months!

Dearest Reid,

You're only nine months old; and despite the appearance of some of the photos below, you can't read yet much less understand what I'm about to tell you.  Nonetheless, you've inspired me to share with you the one thing that gets me through tough times.  

Love.  

Let love be your rule, my son. I have no doubt your father and I will provide you with plenty of rules as you grow, and our goal through it all will be to stay guided by love.  It may sound cheesy {and you'll quickly learn your mom's not a big fan of cheesy}, but it's true.  It's a good rule to follow, and I can't think of a better rule to live your precious life by.  Make no mistake, I'm not always successful at it, but anytime I need to take a step back and reevaluate life, the rule of love always leads me in the right direction.  Let it be your guide.  Love not only your family but your neighbors, friends, classmates, strangers, yourself and yes your enemies too as they are likely most in need of your love.  Again, no easy task, but anytime you feel as though you may be led astray, let this be your guide:

Matthew 22:37-40
Jesus said to him, 'You shall love the LORD your God with all your heart, with all your soul, and with all your mind.' This is the first and great commandment. And the second is like it: 'You shall love your neighbor as yourself.'

One last morsel I want to leave you with tonight.  I first saw this on a t-shirt during my very first Breast Cancer 3-Day Walk, and it has stuck with me ever since:

Humankind:  Be Both.

Stay in the Light.

LOVE,
mommy


The Reid Report:
  • Dad lowered my crib mattress because...
  • I'm pulling up! :) Mom blogged about it here.
  • Mom & dad added almond yogurt to my breakfast menu, and I love it!  Yum, yum!
  • I wear a size Large sleep sack now.  Thankfully, grandma bought me one a few weeks ago, and I think mom had to pull it out of the closet to use it much sooner than she expected.  Thanks Grandma A!
  • My 3rd tooth {top, right} has "erupted!"  Dad & mom said that is WebMD's word, "erupted."  Sounds fun to me!
  • I can stay under water for four seconds now, and I don't even cry when I come up.
  • I have a fascination with tags...tags on clothes, tags on toys, tags on pillows. Any tag will do really.
  • I had my first "incident report" at school {actually I had TWO in one week!}. I lost my balance and bumped my forehead on the floor.  Mom says bumps & bruises are here to stay since I'm a boy.  Dad says they make me tougher.  I kind of like them because I get more hugs & kisses.
  • This week is Spring Break, so I won't be able to see Dr. S for my nine month appointment until next week.  But the last time I was in his office {for my ear recheck last week}, I weighed 20 lbs 6 oz, and I was 27.3" tall.  I'm sure mom will update my stats again next week after my appointment.

Chatting with Teddy


Guess who's making him smile? :)

My little reader

On the move....

Remember those tags Reid told you about?




"Let me out, guys!"


He's attacking the paparazzi!
Skinny-eyed smile...my fave!





Photobucket

2 comments:

Grandma DeeDee said...

What a good nine month report, and such a little ham, albiet a cute one. Reid tell your mom these are not tough times, this is the best time. Remind her you are a boy (warrior) and what an adventureous spirit you and your dad have. Tell her "Hold on Mom, we're just getting started". I can't wait for the rest of the story to unfold, I know it will be a blockbuster. Hugs and Kisses

Grandma DeeDee said...

Oh yeah, I forgot to mention what cute little toes you have young warrior. Hugs and Kisses.