Sunday, August 2, 2015

Halley

May 29, 2015

I could have never guessed that we'd go from such a joyous day right into such a heart-wrenching day.

After several weeks of random, infrequent vomiting episodes, I took Halley to the vet for a check up.  All her faculties checked out and her blood work came back normal (even at her age which is pretty amazing). Her vet prescribed a new diet which included canned food instead of dry and sent us home.  

The vomiting stopped, but after 3-4 weeks, it resumed. Unfortunately when it resumed, it never stopped. I took Halley for an ultrasound to discover what I already somehow knew - she had an inoperable tumor in her stomach that was blocking the pyloric sphincter and thus her small intestine.

I always knew her day would be a tough one, but nothing could have prepared Jeff or me for how truly heartbreaking it was.

My Halley-Goose

You were my very first baby. For 15.5 years you loved me for better or for worse. You embraced and loved all 4 of these wonderfully crazy boys I added to our family (plus Hudson!). You've brought us so much joy. I will always carry your heart in mine. Goodnight, my sweet Halley. Goodnight. 

Tender love and care from Reid.
 Saying goodbye.
 Hunter wanted to share his milk with her.




 Halley

October 30, 1999 - May 29, 2015



Photobucket

No comments: