Thursday, September 1, 2011

Here She Comes to Save the Day!

I didn't think the day would come so quickly, but of course it did!  Yesterday was my first official day back to work from maternity leave.  Of course it was a bittersweet day. I've been yearning for some adult work & excited to get back to my livelihood, but by no means was I looking forward to leaving sweet Reid. Fortunately, I didn't have to "leave" him just yet. He will eventually be attending Dealey Childcare Center at Presbyterian Hospital of Dallas which thankfully is about a ten minute drive from our house.  Due to their high demand (and the fact that the healthcare workers at Presby Dallas get first priority), we are on the waiting list until mid-September.

That's where my sister, Jamye, comes into the picture.  She was in San Diego during my parents' visit in July, so she intended to come to Dallas to visit her nephew in September for a few days instead.  Little did she know we had a different plan in store for her!  She is now our super woman/super Reid-sitter until Reid starts at Dealey. Jamye's in her 3rd semester of grad school at Texas A&M Corpus Christi. She's working on her MBA with a concentration in Healthcare Administration, and lucky for us all her classes are online this semester.  It's fate, I tell you!  Jamye's now doing double duty with school and Reid-sitting, and we are so very grateful to have her here with us for a few weeks.  It definitely makes my transition back to work much easier; and more importantly, it delays that dreaded day when I have to drop my baby off at "school." Lord, give me strength.

Welcome to Dallas, Aunt Jamye!

Tummy time isn't so bad when his aunt is helping.

She already made him his very own Pandora station.  Mommy hearts Jack Johnson.

Rockin out!



Photobucket

4 comments:

Hope said...

Yes Michelle, God works in mysterious ways. Who better than your sister to care for precious Reid !All my love to Jayme- Nana Hope

Grandma DeeDee said...

Better watch out Michelle and Jeff, Aunt Jamye loves music, she'll have Reid knowing all the words to her favorite songs before he says Mom or Dad.

Grandma DeeDee said...

Look at Ried rocking that song.

Anonymous said...

Michelle, let Jamye know I was in HealthCare Administration..Director of Administration for Harvard Community Health Plan in Boston...the second largest HMO in the country....its a great field to be in...tell her the best of luck!!! Uncle Joe