Friday, October 14, 2011

Happy Four Months!

My Fun Facts at Four Months:
  • I drink 6.5 oz bottles {of breast milk} at school and still want more!
  • I'm grasping everything I can get my hands on, and when daddy or my teacher feeds me a bottle, I "hold" it with my hands.
  • I'm getting better and better at sitting in my bumbo.  I do this at school in front of a mirror a lot.  
  • I still love my jumperoo, and sometimes I jump so high and fast that mom thinks I'm going to jump right out of it!
  • When Natasha visited, we played the "eyebrow raise" game, and now it's one of my favorites pastimes.  I'm good at it too.
  • Mr. Lion & Sophie are still my favorite friends (and I'm always willing to make new ones too).
  • I love to roll over from my back to my belly especially at night for sleeping. My mom wrote all about it here.
  • My mom was perusing my Aunt Jenn's baby registry (that kind of thing is fun for her nowadays), and she saw the breathable crib bumper on her registry. Since I was bumping up against the bare crib and getting my arm stuck in the crib slats sometimes, my parents invested in the breathable bumper, and it is working out great!
  • Although I have officially found my thumb, I still prefer to suck on my whole hand and sometimes both of them at the same time.  It makes my gums feel better, but mom says it makes me drool everywhere too!  This doesn't bother me at all though.
  • I officially got my first runny nose (I've been at school for two weeks now, you know.  Tried to tell mom it was inevitable).  This doesn't bother me either except for maybe when mom calls me a "booger bear."  I think I like "drool monster" better.
  • Speaking of school, my teachers told mom and dad that I'm not napping very well in my crib.  I told mom that they don't even turn down the lights and there are loud babies in the room too.  Geez!
  • I prefer the Pampers diapers, and I'm in a size 1 now but not for long.  Size 2 diapers, here I come!
  • I have officially mastered tummy time. We practice this at school everyday, and I'm getting better and better at pushing way up.
  • I LOVE to play the flying game with daddy.  We do this right before bath time and even early in the morning too.  It's fun anytime especially right now because I can give daddy little snot and drool gifts.  He likes to save this on his shirt so he can think of me later while he's at work.
  • I had my 4 month well visit with Dr. S this morning.  He said I am doing very well developmentally.  I think mom was proud.  She was also proud to tell him that two nights ago I slept for 7 hours straight, and last night I slept for 8 hours straight (what she doesn't know is that I would have slept longer if she hadn't woken me up to get ready for my doctor's appointment).  :) Before you read my stats below, you should know that Dr. S said it's normal for infants (especially the breastfed ones like me) to fluctuate on the growth scale.  If you're wondering why I'm telling you this, compare my stats below with the ones from my two month well visit on this blog post.
My Four Month Stats:

Height: 25.1 inches (47th percentile)
Weight: 14 lbs 10 oz (32nd percentile)
Head Circumference: 41.9 cm (58th percentile)

My daddy's coworkers got me this.  Don't I look handsome?

Go Rangers!

Having fun in my jumperoo

Hudson wanted to play too!

These are the yummy Sprinkles cupcakes Aunt Amy brought to Arlington for the celebration of my mom's and my grandma's birthdays.

Meeting my Great Uncle Lee

My grandpa and great grandparents.  "You look pretty, Great Grandma Jo Anne!"

Flying game with dad


Waiting on Dr. S for my four month visit

"I prefer to look at my cute toes, mom."

"Whoa! There I am!"

So happy to be four months old today!



"Ewww. My bear needs a bath."

This one is daddy's favorite because that's me in the middle of a manly burp.



This is one of my pups.  I love him {& Hal too}!






Photobucket

2 comments:

Grandma DeeDee said...

What a wonderful life! Who knew life could be so great! Hugs and kisses.

Grandma DeeDee said...

Reid, tell your mom that the "drool monster" is mother nature's way of making an exclusive new perfume called - "New Mom Scent".
Location for purchase - Happy Homes,
Cost - Priceless!