Thursday, October 13, 2011

Breaking News!

Our little monster slept from 12:00am to 7:00am!  What a momentous occasion!  Or maybe just a fluke?  Either way, mommy is SO very excited. So excited that I took a few pictures this morning to commemorate the moment.  That is the longest stretch of time he's slept in his four months (which he officially turns tomorrow).  

For those of you who actually care to hear the details (Grandmas & Aunties!), we put him to bed with his normal routine and at his normal time at 7:30pm.  He slept until 11:30pm (typical), dad fed him and put him back to bed at 12:00am.  He started to wake around 4:00am (also typical).  Instead of going to get him I let him stir for about 10 minutes, and lo and behold he fell back to sleep!  He stirred again at 5:30am for just a few minutes and again went back to sleep on his own.  He slept soundly until 7:10am when he finally woke for the morning.  I guess he knows he's about to be four months old, so he wants to start sleeping like a big boy.  :)

As you can see below, mom wasn't going to miss this photo opp.  I think dad & Reid were over it by the time I was done.  Thanks for humoring me guys!

Just waking up


"Seriously, mom?"
Happy with a full tummy

"Thanks for changing me, dad!"


"Are you proud of me, dad?"

"Yay me!"

Ready for school

Such a big boy

Seven hours of sleep makes for some sleepy eyes!






Photobucket

3 comments:

Grandma DeeDee said...

What a joy, I can't believe how much he has changed in such a short time. Hugs and kisses.

Jamye R Whetstone said...

Reid! You did it honey!! Aunt Jamye is so very proud of you. Seven whole hours - WOW! I think your Mommy is right, you must want to start sleeping like a big boy. Also, Happy FOUR months! Its hard to believe it has been a whole month since I was in Dallas celebrating your three month birthday with you! Can not wait to see your four month photos. Hope you're having a great day at school today. I love you bunches, Reid! Give your Mommy, Daddy, Halley and Hudson a hug for me :)

Sis, Reid's morning photos are ADORABLE! His smiles melt my heart!
The "seriously, Mom" photo is quite funny! Love you!

Hope said...

Que Lindo !! How Precious !!